Last night, the Phils played the Yankees and scored 9 runs. They lost though. Juan Pierre was thrown out stealing for the fourth time, adding to my concerns. He did have four hits though, which helps. Victorino, Pence, and Ruiz also had multi-hit games. The pitching just stunk. Here's the box score.
The Phillies signed 27 year old utility man Andres Blanco, formerly a National. He's headed to minor league camp.
Now, the 25 man, and the 40 man predictions:
- Line-Up: Rollins-SS, Polanco-3B, Pence-RF, Thome-1B, Victorino-CF, Mayberry-LF, Ruiz-C, Galvis-2B
- Rotation: Halladay, Lee, Hamels, Worley, Blanton
- Bench: Schneider, Wigginton, Nix, Pierre, Luna, Podsednik
- Bullpen: Papelbon, Qualls, Bastardo, Kendrick, Herndon, Savery
- DL: Howard, Utley, Martinez, Contreras, Stutes
- In the running: Orr, Valdes
- 40 Man, Inactive: Brown, Kratz, Valle, Hernandez, Gillies, De Fratus, Aumont, Schwimer, Diekman, Ramirez
In other words, I predicted no changes. I am unsure that Stutes or Contreras will begin on the DL, but we probably won't know that for a few more days. For now though, I don't see another roster emerging. I do see an alternative line-up though, where Mayberry plays First, Pierre plays Left and leads off, and Jimmy hits third, with Pence fourth.