The Atlanta Hawks (39-8) and the Philadelphia 76ers (10-37) will go head-to-head tonight for the third of four overall meetings this season.
First Meeting - December 10, 2014 - L 79-95:
The two teams first met back in Atlanta, where Paul Millsap and former Sixer Kyle Korver led the Hawks with 17 points each to help them to victory. Only one Sixer starter reached double digits in points that game, Luc Richard Mbah a Moute with 12. Michael-Carter Williams nearly had a triple-double, however with 8 points, 10 rebounds and 9 assists.
Second Meeting - January 13, 2015 - L 87-105:
Losing 49-37 at the half, the Sixers were never able to make a comeback as they trailed by double-digits the entire second half home at the Wells Fargo Center. Atlanta center Al Horford recorded a triple-double with 21 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists. Philadelphia was both out-shot and out-rebounded in the game, 48.3% to 40.8%, and 47-35 respectively. Sixers forward Robert Covington struggled, shooting 0-7 from three-point range, and just 2-13 overall. Michael Carter-Williams led the team with 20 points and 9 rebounds.
What to Watch For:
- The Sixers will be looking for their third consecutive win, which would be a season-high. They previously had won two consecutive games against the Nets and Pacers on January 9-10, and against both of Florida's basketball teams, the Magic and Heat, on December 21-23.
- Philadelphia is coming off of defeating the Detroit Pistons 89-69 on Wednesday, as well as the Timberwolves last night, 103-94, where point guard Michael Carter-Williams recorded his fifth career triple-double (third of season) with 17 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists.
- The Hawks have won 18 consecutive games. With a win tonight against Brett Brown's team, their 19-game winning streak would be the fifth-longest in NBA history.
- Atlanta has won against Philadelphia in six consecutive meetings, where they scored 100+ points in five of the six. This comes after the Hawks lost seven of their previous eight against the Sixers. All-time, the Sixers are 62-107 while playing in the Peach State.
- Kyle Korver: Shooting 53.4% beyond-the-arc this season, averaging 13.1 points per game and 3.1 three-point field goals in 46 starts.
- Elton Brand: The former Sixer from 2008-2012 is averaging 3.1 points, 3.0 rebounds, and 12.6 minutes over 16 games this season.
- Tip-off: 7:30 pm EST
- TV: TCN-PHI | Radio: N/A
- Sixers injuries: Joel Embiid (right foot), Jason Richardson (left knee), Tony Wroten (right knee), Andrei Kirilenko (not with team).
- Hawks injuries: DeMarre Carroll (Achilles),Shelvin Mack (calf), Thabo Sefolosha (calf)
Atlantic Division Standings:
- Toronto Raptors (32-15)
- Brooklyn Nets (18-28, 13.5 GB)
- Boston Celtics (16-29, 15 GB)
- Philadelphia 76ers (10-37, 22 GB)
- New York Knicks (9-38, 23 GB)