Tuesday night at Wells Fargo Center could be the beginning of the end for the Flyers.
With the trade deadline less than 24 hours away after the Flyers and Colorado Avalanche face off, both teams could look significantly different following the deadline.
The opening face-off is set for 7 p.m.
|Flyers Leaders||GP||G||A||P||Avalanche Leaders||GP||G||A||P|
|Jake Voracek||61||16||34||50||Nathan MacKinnon||60||12||29||41|
|Claude Giroux||61||12||31||43||Matt Duchene||55||16||20||36|
|Wayne Simmonds||61||25||17||42||Mikko Rantanen||55||14||16||30|
|Brayden Schenn||58||19||21||40||Gabriel Landeskog||50||13||13||26|
|Shayne Gostisbehere||55||5||21||26||Tyson Barrie||52||5||21||26|
|Player to Watch|
|93 Jake Voracek||9 Matt Duchene|
|Last 5 Games: 2 G, 1 A, 3 P, -5||Last 5 Games: 1 G, 2 A, 3 P, E|
|35 Steve Mason||40 Jeremy Smith|
|16-17-6, 2.90 GAA, .900 SV%||1-2-0, 3.05 GAA, .914 SV%|
Steve Mason makes his first appearance between the pipes for the Flyers in seven games, his first game since a Feb. 9 loss to the Islanders.
Rookie Jeremy Smith makes his third straight start for the Avalanche after picking up the win in their last game on Saturday against the Sabres. This is his fourth career start.
Flyers Projected Lineup
Scratches: Travis Konecny, Roman Lyubimov, Brandon Manning, Nick Schultz
|Left Wing||Center||Right Wing|
|10 Brayden Schenn||28 Claude Giroux||17 Wayne Simmonds|
|40 Jordan Weal||14 Sean Couturier||93 Jake Voracek|
|12 Michael Raffl||25 Nick Cousins||24 Matt Read|
|76 Chris VandeVelde||78 Pierre-Edouard Bellemare||22 Dale Weise|
|32 Mark Streit||53 Shayne Gostisbehere|
|9 Ivan Provorov||47 Andrew MacDonald|
|3 Radko Gudas||15 Michael Del Zotto|
|35 Steve Mason|
- Power Play: Flyers (T-9th, T-12th at home), Avalanche (29th, 24th on road)
- Penalty Kill: Flyers (T-15th, 14th at home), Avalanche (24th, 26th on road)
- Recent History vs. Avalanche
- Dec. 14, 2016 - The Flyers extended their winning streak to 10 games with a 4-3 win in Colorado. Michael Del Zotto scored to open the scoring four minutes into the second period before Rene Bourque and Matt Duchene answered to give Colorado the lead. Wayne Simmonds tied the game just 23 seconds later, and the game was knotted at two heading to the third. The Flyers scored twice in less than two minutes early in the period with goals by Roman Lyubimov and Brayden Schenn. Duchene's second goal of the game came with 4:45 to play and the Flyers held off a frantic rally from the Avalanche in the closing seconds to survive for the win.
- Flyers leaders vs. Avalanche
- Claude Giroux - 9 games, 6 goals, 2 assists, 8 points
- Jake Voracek - 20 games, 4 goals, 10 assists, 14 points
- Steve Mason - 18 games, 8-7-3, 2.99 GAA, .905 Sv%
- Milestone Watch
- Nick Cousins is playing in his 100th NHL game tonight.
Where to Watch
Radio: 97.5 The Fanatic