By Evan Krawczuk, Contributing Writer
The Eagles had a quick turn around this week against the Green Bay Packers. They head to Lambeau Field on Thursday night to try to get back to .500 on the year. At the half, the Eagles were ahead, 21-20, and the Eagles offense looked very strong in the second half. Here’s what I saw in the back half of the action:
Jordan Howard had a phenomenal game for the Birds. He rushed for 87 yards and 28 yards receiving while tacking on a receiving touchdown and two rushing touchdowns. Howard did it all in the backfield and even showed his critics that he has improved on his hands. It was a breakout game for Jordan Howard and a much needed one at that.
Although Barnett did have that very ugly play that took Packers running back, Jamaal Williams, out of the game, he did get a huge strip sack that led to a touchdown for Philadelphia. Barnett also tacked on 3 other tackles and got solid pressure on Aaron Rodgers all night.
— Philadelphia Eagles (@Eagles) September 27, 2019
- Jordan Howard- Like I said before, Howard had his break out game for the Eagles tonight. He could be the “big” back that the Eagles have been looking for.
- Rodney McLeod- McLeod has missed a lot of time recently due to injuries, but tonight McLeod played pretty well. McLeod finished with 9 tackles and had great coverage on Jimmy Graham in the corner of the end zone while giving up seven inches to the large tight end.
- Alshon Jeffery’s touchdown a few minutes into the sound quarter was a turning point for the Eagles and got our offense rolling.
- As stated before, Barnett’s strip sack was a huge momentum push for the Eagles.
- Nigel Bradham’s interception to end the Packer’s drive late in the fourth quarter sealed the deal for the Philadelphia Eagles.
Philadelphia Eagles vs Green Bay Packers – September 27, 2019