By Evan Krawczuk, Contributing Writer
The Eagles had ten days to prepare for the Sam Darnold-less New York Jets. They're trying to keep up the momentum they built against the Packers last week in this week's out-of-conference match-up. At the half, the Eagles were ahead, 21-0, and they looked very unimpressive even though they never trailed. Here's what I saw in the back half of the action:
The offense as a whole was not that impressive, but Carson made some incredible plays in the pocket to keep some drives alive. Wentz had two magician-like escapes, one in which he ducked under a defender and fired a bullet to Ertz for a first down. He finished with 189 passing yards and just the one touchdown.
Orlando Scandrick had a monster game today, totaling two sacks, three tackles and a touchdown. On one of those sacks, Scandrick mugged Jets quarterback, Luke Falk, striping the ball away and scampered 44 yards for a touchdown. Scandrick was jobless a week ago and has come up huge in his first game back.
- Nathan Gerry- Gerry had a very solid game today. The line backer-converted-safety had a big interception that he returned for a touchdown and was solid in coverage and in the run game.
- Zach Ertz- Obviously Ertz is a big time tight end but didn't get his first receiving touchdown until today. Ertz totaled 57 receiving yards on 5 catches and his touchdown.
- Jim Schwartz- Schwartz's defense was incredible. they totaled 10 sacks and only allowed 128 total yards all game.
- Nathan Gerry's pick six came on a big fourth down in Eagles territory for a 51 yard return.
- Brandon Graham's three sacks kept the Jets from taking off and set them in tough down and distances on multiple occasions.
- Zach Ertz's aforementioned touchdown was a huge play going into half time.
- Scandricks mugging of Luke Falk that was taken back for six was the nail in the coffin for the woeful Jets.
Philadelphia Eagles vs New York Jets – October 6, 2019