The Eagles took a trip to the Bills Mafia to take on the surprise of the AFC, the Buffalo Bills. They're looking to bounce back and get a win to get back to .500. At the half, the Eagles were up, 11-7, and they came out pretty strong in the second half. Here's what I saw in the back half of the action:
FINALLY!!!! The Eagles are running the football. The Birds rushed for 218 total yards including both Sanders and Howard going for over 60 yards. With the crazy wind that was blowing the Eagles needed to run the ball well and they did, very well. Pederson called more rush plays instead of pass plays and its what fans have been asking for all season. When the Eagles won the Super Bowl, the rush and pass attack were very close. That's what the Eagles need to continue to do.
Brandon Graham had a heck of a game. He had two forced fumbles, two tackles for a loss and one sack. Graham was a monster on the defense for the birds and he did it from every spot on the d-line. He played defensive end as well as defensive tackle and was a huge disruption for the Bills offense.
- The Offensive Line- To run the ball for 200+ yards like the Eagles did, the offensive line needs to be elite. Today, the O-line was elite. They led the way for the offensive and created big holes for the Eagles running game.
- T.J. Edwards- Edwards is taking over pretty well after the release of Zach Brown. Today, he had five tackles and commanded the defense pretty well.
- Miles Sanders ripped off a 65-yard touchdown for his first NFL touchdown. A huge block by Jordan Howard opened a huge seam for Sanders to break out.
- Brandon Graham stripped Josh Allen on a QB zone play and proceeded to recover the fumble he forced. Just a monstrous play from BG.
- Ronald Darby saved Rodney McLeod on a blown coverage that would've cost them six points. Instead, on the 4th and 10, Darby broke up a Josh Allen pass that forced a turnover on downs.
Philadelphia Eagles vs Buffalo Bills – October 27, 2019