Home sweet home, right? The Birds are back at the Linc for the first time in what seems like a decade taking on the Chicago Bears. Currently sitting at .500, the Eagles are trying to string a couple wins together and build some momentum. At the half, the Eagles were up 12-0, and they came out very sloppy in the second half. Here's what I saw in the back half of the action:
Zach Ertz was so reliable all day today, like the Zach Ertz of old. He was Wentz's security blanket again and the passing game seemed to run through him today. One of my personal knocks against Ertz has been his lack of ability to get yards after the catch. Today, he excelled in this area. Ertz finished with nine catches, for 103 yards, and one touchdown. I loved seeing Ertz get heavily involved again and can't wait to see him be a focus of the offense in weeks to come.
Brandon Graham again had a great game. With a ton of support from Fletcher Cox in the middle and the return of Timmy Jernigan, Graham was able to really excel in his natural position of defensive end. Graham finished with four tackles, one tackle for a loss, one sack, and a QB hit. Graham has been pretty dominant over the last few weeks and it should continue with the return of some key starters on the defense.
- Zach Ertz- Ertz was dominant today and was an enormous part of the offense. Ertz had a season high in catches and yards, going over the century mark there.
- Avonte Maddox- Maddox made his return to the lineup tonight and played pretty well in the slot. Maddox was a huge addition back to a secondary that has struggled all year. Maddox finished with just one tackle and one pass break up but his presence was huge for the defense.
- Zach Ertz scored a second quarter touchdown that put the Eagles ahead 12-0. Ertz was open up the seam and Wentz through a strike for a nice score
- Brandon Graham had another sack this week. This week BG did it from the outside as the entire defensive line swallowed up Bears quarterback Mitchell Trubisky.
- After Jake Elliot nails the field goal to put the Birds ahead by eight, he hits a solid pooch kick that the Bears couldn't handle. The Eagles recovered it and knelt down the remaining time on the clock.
Philadelphia Eagles vs Chicago Bears – November 3, 2019