By Evan Krawczuk, Contributing Writer
Do or die baby. Do or die. Miles goes down, Brandon Brooks goes down. The Birds still pull it out to clinch another division title. At the half, the Eagles were ahead 10-3, and they brought the juice in the second half. Here's what I saw in the back half of action:
Boston Scott, the king. Sanders goes down, story of the Eagles season.
Boston Scott balled out in place of Miles Sanders. Scott had 138 total yards on four catches and 19 rushes including three rushing touchdowns. Scott isn't a back the Eagles should lean on in the playoffs but he brings some juice that the offense really needs. Coach Pederson put Jordan Howard in for one play, but he really leaned on Boston Scott and he got the job done.
LeBlanc was the best defensive back the Eagles had today. He came up huge all day. He broke a bunch of passes and finished with two pass break ups, although he made some hits that broke up passes that won't be seen on the stat sheet. LeBlanc was very clutch today. After Boston Scott's second touchdown, LeBlanc came up with a big tackle for loss on fourth down to stifle the Giants attempt at a comeback. I was very impressed with Cre'Von LeBlanc today and I'm excited for what he could bring to this defense in the playoffs.
- Josh Perkins- JPerk, practice squad legend, caught the Eagles first touchdown as he drifted across the field. Perkins finished with four catches for 50 yards and that one touchdown.
- Cre'Von LeBlanc- My defensive MVP balled out today. Like I said in his MVP section, he came up clutch in key spots and I want to see him used more next week in the Wild Card Round.
- For the Eagles first touchdown, Wentz moved to his right and looks ACROSS the field and throws a dime to practice squad legend Josh Perkins.
- For our second score, offensive MVP Boston Scott wiggled his way in from seven yards out. Scott powered through a couple of Giant defenders.
- On a bobbled snap by Daniel Jones, Malcolm Jenkins popped the ball out and Fletcher Cox rumbled, bumbled, stumbled to fall on the ball at the Giants one yard line.
- On the very next play, our hero, Boston Scott, squeezes in for an easy two yard score.
- On the following drive, defensive MVP, Cre'von LeBlanc comes up clutch on fourth down to tackle Saquon Barkley for a loss.
- The offensive hero, Boston Scott, caught a screen, found some space, and did a very random spin move to the Eagles all the way down to the Giants two yard line. Next play, Boston Scott knifes his way into the end zone for his third touchdown.
Philadelphia Eagles at New York Giants – December 29, 2019
|New York (N)||0||3||14||0|