Lots has happened since my last writing, but we're still a far way from declaring a Phillies roster. Cliff Lee was excellent in his first start yesterday, as Hamels and Halladay were in their's, all good signs for the Phillies. Chase Utley was scratched today though, however the game is in rain delay, so that makes sense. Dom Brown's hitting bombs, and that's a good sign. Here's High Cheese's breakdown yesterday. Here's today's. Oh, and in case you missed it, Michael Schwimer got traded, and was surprised.
I'm pleased with the early going, to the extent you can be. These games don't count and the starters don't always play. The pitchers look healthy though, Utley and Howard are playing, Howard's playing well, and Dom Brown looks ready. I'm not overly concerned about the overall results yet though.
Without further delay, here's my updated roster projection-
- Rotation: Hamels, Halladay, Lee, Kendrick, Lannan
- Line-Up: Rollins-SS, Revere-CF, Utley-2B, Howard-1B, M. Young-3B, Brown-RF, Ruf-LF, Kratz-C
- Bullpen: Papelbon, Adams, Durbin, Bastardo, Aumont, Horst, Stutes
- Bench: Frandsen, Nix, Mayberry, Galvis, Quintero
- DL: D. Young
- Restricted: Ruiz
- Last 5 off: De Fratus, Valdes, Diekman, Inciarte, Betancourt
- Rotation: Cloyd, Pettibone, Cook, Lopez, Martin
- Line-Up: Gillies-CF, Hernandez-2B, Betancourt-SS, J. Mitchell-RF, Mather-LF, Overbeck-1B, Fields-3B, Valle-C
- Bullpen: De Fratus, Diekman, Valdes, Rosenberg, Savery, Robles, Miner
- Bench: Orr, Martinez, Blanco, Lerud, D. Mitchell