Saturday provided some much-needed success for the Flyers as they snapped a three-game losing streak.
A grueling week of hockey begins for the Flyers, as they begin a stretch of five games in seven days. The first is Monday night, as they take on the Montreal Canadiens.
The opening face-off is set for 7:30 p.m.
|Flyers Leaders||GP||G||A||P||Canadiens Leaders||GP||G||A||P|
|Jake Voracek||5||2||5||7||Brendan Gallagher||5||3||2||5|
|Claude Giroux||5||0||6||6||Shea Weber||5||1||4||5|
|Matt Read||5||5||0||5||Alex Galchenyuk||5||1||4||5|
|Wayne Simmonds||5||4||1||5||Max Pacioretty||5||1||4||5|
|Shayne Gostisbehere||5||1||4||5||Jeff Petry||4||2||2||4|
|Player to Watch|
|24 Matt Read||Brendan Gallagher|
|Last 5 Games: 5 G, 0 A, 5 P, -4||Last 5 Games: 3 G, 2 A, 5 P, +5|
|35 Steve Mason||31 Carey Price|
|1-2-1, 3.35 GAA, .882 SV%||2-0-0, 2.02 GAA, .920 SV%|
After getting his first win on Saturday, Steve Mason is back in net for his third straight start. The Flyers netminder made 27 saves in Saturday's win.
Carey Price makes his third start of the season on Monday night. After missing the start of the season with illness, Price has been strong in his two starts with two wins over the Bruins and Coyotes.
Flyers Projected Lineup
Scratches: Dale Weise, Radko Gudas, Michael Raffl, Scott Laughton, Michael Del Zotto
|Left Wing||Center||Right Wing|
|10 Brayden Schenn||28 Claude Giroux||17 Wayne Simmonds|
|11 Travis Konecny||14 Sean Couturier||93 Jake Voracek|
|24 Matt Read||78 Pierre-Edouard Bellemare||25 Nick Cousins|
|76 Chris VandeVelde||27 Boyd Gordon||13 Roman Lyubimov|
|53 Shayne Gostisbehere||47 Andrew MacDonald|
|9 Ivan Provorov||23 Brandon Manning|
|55 Nick Schultz||32 Mark Streit|
|35 Steve Mason|
- Power Play: Flyers (T-12th, T-11th on road), Canadiens (20th, T-10th at home)
- Penalty Kill: Flyers (T-21st, T-22nd on road), Canadiens (8th, T-1st at home)
- Recent History vs. Canadiens
- Jan. 5, 2016 - The Flyers claimed a 4-3 win at home. The Flyers struck first on a breakaway goal by Brayden Schenn. Alex Galchenyuk tied things up at 14:14 of the first, but second-period goals by Shayne Gostisbehere and Wayne Simmonds had the Flyers in front by two. Brendan Gallagher scored late in the second to make it 3-2, but Sean Couturier added a goal early in the third to regain the two-goal lead. Daniel Carr scored with 55 seconds to play and the Flyers held on for the one-goal victory.
- Feb. 2, 2016 - The Flyers picked up a 4-2 win over the Canadiens at home. Wayne Simmonds and Brayden Schenn scored in the first to put the Flyers ahead. Andrei Markov scored for Montreal late in the first and the Canadiens tied the game early in the second on a goal by Jeff Petry. Simmonds scored his second goal of the game with 8:04 to play and Matt Read picked up an empty-net goal to ice the game.
- Feb. 19, 2016 - The Canadiens claimed a 3-2 shootout win over the Flyers in Montreal. The game was tied at one quickly as Dale Weise scored at 2:56 to put Montreal ahead only to have Nick Cousins answer for the Flyers just 10 seconds later. Michael Raffl scored at 3:15 of the third, a goal that stood up until midway through the period when Max Pacioretty tied the game with a power-play goal. A wild overtime with several chances gave way to a shootout, where Montreal claimed the victory.
- A Look Back in Flyers History - The Flyers have a long standing history with the Montreal Canadiens. Their first meeting was on Nov. 4, 1967 with the Flyers claiming a 4-1 win. Leon Rochefort score two goals in the third period to complete a hat trick while Bernie Parent made 33 saves in the win.
- Flyers leaders vs. Canadiens
- Shayne Gostisbehere - 3 games, 1 goals, 3 assists, 4 points
- Jake Voracek - 19 games, 3 goals, 16 assists, 19 points
- Brayden Schenn - 14 games, 4 goals, 9 assists, 13 points
- Steve Mason - 4 games, 4-0-0, 1.72 GAA, .936 Sv%
Where to Watch
Radio: 97.5 The Fanatic